What is the Meaning of Life?

Poetry that I wrote back in high school. Nothing major. I just haven't written any poetry in awhile, well, unless you count the sarcastic stuff that I can't show to anyone.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States

Just for the record, my opinions, hopes, dreams, etc., are just that. They have absolutely no reflection on my employer. Not that I'm going to tell you who that is... I am the (self proclaimed) Queen of the Universe. Join my cadre of loyal subjects and all will be well in your world. My mantra is "Embrace Chaos. Adore Chaos. Give Chaos a big kiss on the mouth." NEW mantra this week - "No one ever suspects the socks." Email me at greenduckiesgirl(at)comcast(dot)net

Saturday, June 12, 2004

Bird

Is life so cruel
that such a small but beautiful bird should die,
noticed only by one person?
A bird should not die such an undignified death,
spiraling into a bucket of water
after crashing into a window.
Birds should be as graceful in death as they are in life.
A beautiful bird should not have died in the palm
of a lonely girl's hand.
Expecially after she thought she had rescued him
from a watery grave.

High School again. Pretty self-explanatory. I was depressed as hell and then this damn bird flies straight into our living room window. I think I cried for about an hour, despairing over the fact that this poor bird had died in my hands and oh, woe is me, I am so miserable and alone...you know, the crap you despair about as a teenager. Boy, I don't miss the constant mood swings.

1 Comments:

Blogger CarpeDM said...

My first post! I am very excited. Thank you.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home