What is the Meaning of Life?

Poetry that I wrote back in high school. Nothing major. I just haven't written any poetry in awhile, well, unless you count the sarcastic stuff that I can't show to anyone.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States

Just for the record, my opinions, hopes, dreams, etc., are just that. They have absolutely no reflection on my employer. Not that I'm going to tell you who that is... I am the (self proclaimed) Queen of the Universe. Join my cadre of loyal subjects and all will be well in your world. My mantra is "Embrace Chaos. Adore Chaos. Give Chaos a big kiss on the mouth." NEW mantra this week - "No one ever suspects the socks." Email me at greenduckiesgirl(at)comcast(dot)net

Saturday, June 05, 2004

See What You've Done?

There's a place in my heart
I reserve for you.
No one can touch it
for it is frozen tight.
No one can thaw it,
try as they might.
Not even you,
though you haven't even tried,
can make that spot sing.
In that section love has died,
the love I had for you.
Oh, I'll never forget you,
though I know I've tried.
There is just something about you
that makes me relive that night in the dark,
where you fumbled and I thought
"Is this what love is all about?"
And that night the spot began to freeze.
Then later, when I found you had lied,
ice water flowed in my veins.
so that is why, in that spot,
no man can touch my heart
and experience the love I could
have given someone.
Thanks to you.

Advice to young girls - when you are 15 and you meet a 17 year old who pays you a lot of attention and tells you that he loves you, run, run away. Your parents are right, he is only after one thing. And when you, starved for affection, give him that one thing, well, all I can say is find a good therapist because you're going to waste your life feeling guilty. Don't have sex until you're ready to deal with it, okay?

1 Comments:

Blogger sirbarrett said...

Trudat. He doesn't want to play hop-scotch that's for sure. I liked this poem because it's so real. I think everyone has one of those traumatic moments in their past that they relive over and over again. Maybe not. Regardless, it's these scary moments that make us wake up and give us a new perspective.

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home